Are you looking for fashion inspirations? Want to change things up but not quite sure where to look? Using a search engine is always a good place to start but more often than not, you are bombarded with a plethora of unwanted information. It takes up too much time, and you usually end up nowhere nearer to your goals.
In this age of social media, your next port of call will definitely be one of the big social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. But how do you decide who you follow? Combing the recommended list takes a lot of time, and they usually just show the typical few mainstream celebrities. That’s what this article is here for: to provide you with a fresh list of people who are interesting in different ways- plus it’s a really good distraction for when you’re bored at 9am in a lecture!
Here are the top fashionistas that are definitely worth taking a look!
- baileemykell – This edgy LA model’s account showcases clothes and styling ideas that are easy to wear on an everyday basis.
- ec24m – Being rumoured to have more Hermes than Victoria Beckham herself, this is a must follow account to see the behind the scenes life of high fashion and society.
- prabalgurung – The official account of this eponymous designer exhibits gorgeous, timeless women’s clothes that are really to die for, not to mention the places he goes to and the inspirational people he meets.
- sabrinavancleefault – Married to a descendant of a Van Cleef (of Van Cleef & Arpels), the account of this retired model turned club owner displays a colourful array of exotic locations and fashion that is sure to make you swoon.
- teerwayde – This curvaceous red haired beauty paves the way for gorgeous plus sized fashion and creative choices.
- thecoveteur – WARNING: This account shows you everything a girl (and, indeed, some guys) could want. Only approach if you have a good sense of self control, or a huge bank balance.
- tommyton – Being a highly revered photographer in the fashion industry, you would only expect perfection from his portraits. And indeed, he does not disappoint.
- wmag -As such a well-known fashion magazine, this account needs no introduction for the beautiful photography and fashion showcased.
This list was a tad more difficult to gather, not because guys take less selfies, but because most fashion savvy guys on Instagram seem to take countless half naked photos! Although sorry to disappoint, but most of these guys have not been included in the guide.
- arnoldputra – No amount of words can do this account justice as it truly is unique. This is definitely one of those moments where only seeing is believing.
- dylanjonesgq – Not closely focused on men’s fashion, but the account of the Editor of GQ proves an interesting place to venture.
- guerreisms – Looking for ideas on how to constantly look sharp but interesting in suits? This is definitely the place to go.
- joeylondonstyle – A look at the life of a London based Blogger/Photographer. And his clothes of course.
- mitchellbelk – Being a fashion stylist, this guy really knows what he’s doing when it comes to men’s fashion, so head over to his account to pick up some pointers.
- olivierburlot – Being the CEO of a media group that publishes several magazines, it’s not a surprise that his account amalgamates the concept of class and style into a flawless piece of art.
- sects_shop – The account of this Singapore based indie streetwear label might actually convince you that black and white are your new favourite colours. And please don’t say “Black and white are not colours”. When it comes to fashion, they are. Period.
- fits – This account serves you straight up simple photos of guys and their clothes with none of the arty side
Text by Alan JJ